Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Healing just isn't the same this time around!

I have been really homesick since I have been on con leave. The last time I had surgery we were lucky enough to be able to go home and spend most of the time in Kansas with my in-laws and even have Christmas with Handsome, it made the healing process a lot easier and my in-law truly know and understand me down to the need of coffee so that I may join the living on a daily basis. This time we were unable to go home, J had school I only had two weeks off and the money just wasn't there.
This surgery has caught me off guard, the pain; the physical limitations; the mental impact; the whole nine yards. We have been blessed with an amazing group of friends who through all of this have become like family to us. Neighbors who watched Moo during the surgery, made us dinner so I wouldn't have to cook on the night that J had school, a battle buddy who came over to watch Moo because of the limitations that were placed upon me made it physically impossible to care for her myself. More and more people were willing to step in and help us without us even having to ask. I am truly grateful for my military family, but they can never replace my family or shall I say the wonderful family that I was so blessed to have married into.
I am one of the lucky ones who can honestly say that I have the world best mother in law. She has become so much more than just my mother in law, she is my friend, cheer leader, role model and shoulder whenever I need her. I have come to value her so much over the years and truth be told I don't' know how I would have survived some of the difficulty that has been thrown at me if she hadn't been on by my side. I truly love that woman for all that she is and all the love that she shares!!
So while I am nursed back to health by my husband and friends, I can't help but to miss Kansas and my family there....oh how I love 125 S. Georgie and those that live there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment