Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Going Veggie

So I have found myself in desperate need of self improvement....with all the health problems that I have had in the recent year, I have found myself spiraling into a unhealthy eating lifestyle, being on the mend was no excuse for the way I was eating and putting my body through. So I decided after a day at the beach with my family and dealing with my self image to do something about it.
I have dabbled in vegetarianism off and on through out the years and each time I have felt great, I don't eat much meat to begin with, but to do with out it all together and put lots of "good" food back into my diet, really how could I go wrong?
So this past week I once again became a vegetarian. I am finding it a little hard to adjust to this time around as I now have a family that I cook for, but its coming along. This is my third day and so far so good. I have cut out all meat and am allowing myself to have fish at one meal a day. Maybe I am mentally psyching myself out, but I am feeling pretty good and with the amount of stress the Army has me under, well that is truly a miracle!!
So if this is going to be a life change or just a temporary until I am back to the "old" me again I am not sure of, what I am sure of is that I am going to embrace this new lifestyle and learn lots along the way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment