Monday, May 24, 2010

Army Translations for all my "civy" folks!!

So this was not the original topic of this blog, but I took a few minutes to read my comments and saw a request for simple translations to the "army terms" that I tend to use....and well since my blog is entitled "Combat Boots and Flip Flops" I thought it was a good idea...so here is your reference tool for all future blogs!!

Battle Buddy or just Battle --> close friend, someone who's back you always have

Hooah--> this is universal answer when nothing else will do, it can mean yes, no, roger that, understood

Roger--> another word for yes

Fubar--> Fudged up beyond belief ( being as this is an army term, the fudge is really just a substitute  for  I am keeping this blog PG)

FML--> Fudge my life

Shoremaster-->  I belong to the 241st, this is the Unit with in the 7th Sustainment   Brigadee (Brigade is the overall group of battalions) we call ourselves "Shoremasters" so when someone asks what Unit I am in I simply say I am a Shoremaster and they know 241st.

Platoon --> Is simply another break down within the Unit (our Unit has 4 platoons...Headquarters [maintenance, supply, clerical] 1st platoon, 2nd platoon and 3rd platoon... while I am injured I am in 3rd platoon, when I have my health I will be back in 2nd platoon.

Squad--> My assigned work group within the platoon (our platoons typically have 4 squads and when are not at deployment status we typically have 10 people per squad).

Con Leave--> short for convalescent leave, this is "free" leave from the Army, leave given to a solider so they have proper time to heal....in the Army, this is the BEST leave to have!

Combat boots--> the tan boots worn with our ACU's

ACU--> Action Combat Uniform (what we wear every day)

Baret --> the black hat I wear with my ACU's

Patrol Cap or PC--> the soft ball looking cap.  This is worn in the motor pool or when our company is in deployment status.  When you see someone wearing the patrol cap you know they are in deployment status [this is the hat you see troops in when they are leaving or coming home from war]

So here are a few "army terms" that I use on a regular basis!!

No comments:

Post a Comment