Thursday, May 20, 2010

All I wanted to do was go to the doctor and offically "non deployable"

So today was my first post op appointment for my foot....I had set the appointment late in the day because with me not getting much sleep right now, mornings are even more of not my thing!!  So a "battle" or friend as the civilian world knows them stopped by for lunch and check in on me....mind you this is the FIRST person from my platoon to check on me (and she is a personal friend so that doesn't  even count!!) and she delivered the jaw breaking news....I had officially been moved to the non-deployment roster....UM YOU THINK!!!! I AM ON CON LEAVE UNTIL JUNE 25!!!!  Oh the might "SHOREMASTERS" never cease to amaze me!!!

So back to my day....J spent the morning getting enrolled in summer school...he has two classes, one of them is pretty much on line so that's not bad and the other takes him away on Tuesday nights.

But he gets home just in time to take me to my appointment and we drop Moo off at a neighbors and off we trek...we don't even get out of Virginia Beach before I see a car accident and EMT had not responded yet...so I reach in the glove box hand J his gloves and begin to call the doctor's office to let them know that we are going to be late to the appointment because J has to stop and render aid!

He goes and takes care of a British woman who happened to be 20 weeks pregnant (he is so hot when he is working!!!) and finishes up and we are FINALLY on our way to see my favorite foot doctor.

After a brief office visit of less that 10 minutes I have learned the following....

    1.  I am only the patient.. J and Dr. Diaz are really the ones who have this whole foot thing under control.
    2.  J is in total control of what medication and I am on and how much of it I need or get....Dr. Diaz  simply  goes along with what Nurse J says.
    3.  The pain is normal and it will go away....IF I HAD A DIME FOR EVERY TIME I HAVE HEARD THIS!!!
     4.  I must stay on the crutches for another 7days....boooooooo

So with this being said, I got more pain pills (going down in the whole strength scale), muscle relaxers, and AMBIEN....oh my sweet sweet ambien...I will finally have a good nights sleep.

So the day is almost and I am counting the hours until I can enter my sweet ambien bliss!!!




2 comments:

  1. Yay for ambien! love that stuff.

    Glad J was able to help that poor lady. I bet that would be such a huge turn on. You are on lucky gal, even if he frets to much. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha #2 is hilarious...!!!!! I'm glad to hear you're getting a better night's sleep now!!!!! I think your next blog needs to be a blog about translations for us civilian folk.... battle... con leave... shoremasters.... and so on... I feel so lost sometimes... =( At least if you blog the translations, I can have something to refer back to :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete