Friday, April 16, 2010

Potty Training.....

So we have been working on potty training for almost a year. Its been hit and miss. We have weeks where we go on the potty then there is a full moon, the wind changes or Madi is just Madi and decides that she is NOT going to have a thing to do with potty training so its back to the pull-ups we go. It never fails, I get super excited about the progress, I start talking about it and then bam....she is back to not doing it.

So this week started like any other...when the mood struck or the tingles happened she would run for the potty and go....early on we went out and bought her a princess potty chair, she decided that she didn't want to go on it, and feed the foam insert part to the dogs, and since then she has used the big potty.

So Madi being a normal two year old, she had a fear of going poo in the potty, nothing would work, and I tried it all, stickers, candy, movies, promises of a easy teen years nothing.

So today a neighbor of ours gave us a potty chair, when you go potty the chair lights up and sings, it has a handle to flush and even a spot for the tp....well ITS A HIT!!

We have had dry panties ALL day and have even gone poo in the potty!!

FORGET WINNING THE LOTTERY, I AM WELL ON MY WAY TO NOT HAVING TO BUY PULL UPS ANYMORE!!

I LOVE BEING A MOM!!

1 comment:

  1. I want a toilet that sings to me when I go!!!

    Congrats on conquering one of the hardest things of parenting a young child.... or so I'm told :)

    ReplyDelete