Tuesday, December 28, 2010

No good very bad day....

Today seriously sucked....I mean in a huge way!!  It was our first day back after christmas which is never a good thing, but to top it off there was a snow storm and the roads still had a amount of snow and ice and from the evidence all over the roads the drivers out here don't know how to drive on the white shiny stuff....guess its a good thing that I am a midwest girl and driving on the snow is like second nature to me. 

So back to the crappy day.  I made it into work only to ice skate through the parking lot to check in, followed by skating back to the car to sit in the warmth for the next 20 minutes before we had to go form up 15 minutes prior to actually have a formation time (side note here, in the military 15 minutes early is on time and on time is late and the first sgt who holds formation is 15 minutes AFTER the said time but is NEVER late...you do the math!) so I proceeded to stand in freezing cold weather wearing combat boots that were not waterproof and well there was snow on the ground so I started off the day with wet toes....I was cold and miserable!!  Standing in one spot not moving, and having wet boots, listening to the 1st Sgt ramble on about who was there and who wasn't there....and blah blah blah, all the while I could only think about how my toes were going to fall off and may never walk properly again!!

So after standing and freezing the said toes off, we were sent down to the ice land that once was our motor pool....the motor pool had not been touched and under the snow was a nice layer of ice....and again my boots were wet.  I am not digging this tuesday which was our monday.

So we had to "walk the line" and do "command maintenance" all the while trying to understand why were the only company working when most were off because of the weather.  That is a head scratcher right there.

So here we are, at the motor pool doing command maintenance and I go to work on my generator...and lookie here the damn thing is still broken, not only broken but completely deadline (meaning that it won't work at all) the battery line has been cut and remains cut and has been this way for the past month...yes Sgt, I did notate this on the 5988 and the jackass who is suppose to fix this issue hasn't done so!!  Thanks a whole lot!

I go to bring this issue up to the E-6 in charge and well I guess in his Army world, he is more interested in chasing tail of a young 23 year old than work real issues within his platoon....news flash Sgt Doucher....the whole company knows that you and little girl are hooking up and I am sure that your wife knows the same...its not like you don't live on post and for that matter a few blocks from your little piece of tail!!

So the issue wasn't fixed, I couldn't get any real help and being a female in the Army today totally blew....

Oh well tomorrow is another day to try to break the glass ceiling right?  Oh and to wear two pairs of socks and some boots that are weather proof, then again it could be in the 50's and I won't need any of the above!!

1 comment:

  1. ouch, that does suck. Sorry about Sgt Douchbag, he sounds like a real piece of....well you know.

    Here is hoping for warmer weather tomorrow or at the least warmer toes.

    ReplyDelete