Saturday, December 4, 2010

New beginnings....Round 4

It seems as if our family dinamitcs has once again changed....we have a wonderful full time addition to our family.  It seems that this day in age (wow, am I the only Gen X'er that uses this term my grandparents probably coined?) blended families are par for the norm, and ours is no exception.  But back to the post....we have a new full time addition to our family and it isn't one with four legs!!  My Sgt's oldest son has moved in with us, this is a for good type situation. 

I can't be happier with the way things have played out....while I am not looking through the situation with rose colored glasses, I am looking at it as in I am the luckiest girl because instead of one amazing man in my life I have 3!!  It was a package deal and one that I would gladly give my heart to all over again!!

So, we made the cross country treck to pick him up and bring him back "home".  It has been an eye opening trip for us.  He has little to no knowlegde of what life in a military family is like or even of the military itself.  I am reliving my youth by teaching him the ways of the military world (I am a seasoned military brat myself) but the awe and respect he is showing all that he is learning is awesome!!  When I told him that Monday he is going to get his id card, he was beside himself with excitement!!  He could not believe that he is getting something as important and cool as this!!  I remember the day I got my dependent id...I was just as excited...my dad celebrated by taking me for ice cream, I think I am going to take MJ down to the beach instead...hey the kid is from land lock kansas!!

So while we are halfway through our long drive back home, I can't help but be giddy with excitement and anticipation at all that is waiting for our family....my Moo has a full time big brother, my husband has the missing puzzle piece in his life, MJ has a fresh start that he so deserves and me, well I have it all!!  A awesome job, three amazing kids, and the man of my dreams.....really does life get any better?

Well I could be asleep right now instead of blogging at 0200 but hey, its still a long car ride so why not!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I am so happy for yall, I know this is a huge step in the direction you have all been wanting to take. I hope the transition period goes well for you all. Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete