Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Smellin like a boy isn't part of the deal!!

Ugh what a day.....we are back to hard core training.....which means early morning, long days and late nights...it also means hours in the sun.  Gone are my days of sitting in a nice air conditioned office or heated (depending on the time of year) wearing cute clothes to work, and shoes that I don't mind hurting my feet.  I traded it all in for the ACU's and combat boots....oh and the dog tags!

While today would have normally been a beautiful crisp fall day, working and being in the sun wearing a hard hat made it just well hot....and working around the vehicles only added to heat.  After awhile, I don't care who you are, your body spray is going to wear off, the girls are going to start to sweat and the sports bra yep its gonna be gross....oh lets not forget the hair matted to our head and the hairspray melting off and running into our eyes!!  I am telling you being a female in the Army is twice as hard!

I have come to realize that its the little things that keep me connected to the the pretty side of me....my chicken poop lip gloss (not made with real poop, but the best all natural stuff out there and made back home in Kansas...maybe if I had enough readers I could give a tube or two away!!) wearing the pretty engagement ring from the hubs, and smelly hand sanitizer, its not much but as much as I can do.

I love being in the Army and am so proud to serve most days, but on the days I come home smelling like the hubs and body aching....it takes me back to the days when I took mani pedis, pretty hair, heals, and office for granted.....

God Bless the USA, but would it be too much for  a stronger perfume?

4 comments:

  1. I gotta say - I've been your most devoted reader from the beginning.... but I'm not sure I want chicken poop lip gloss.... LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken Poop lip gloss has me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be a definit down side to the army, smelling like a guy. Eww. But the dog tags and combat boots so make it worth it.

    Chicken poop lip gloss...mmmm...now that is....interesting.

    ReplyDelete